A great line!

Hemp!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Take Two and See Me in the Morning

I call this "Reality Wednesday".

You see, I know that my chemo treatment will be tomorrow.  I think about when the next one is going to happen the very moment that the last one ends.  However, the REALITY of it doesn't hit me until I have to take my two steroid pills the morning prior to the treatment.

That is today.

I pull out the prescription bottle from the back of the rack and take my little pills out.  I look at them.  Then swallow them down, knowing that the chemo will be here soon.  It's really a dark moment for me.  Reality can be dark.  And dank.  And doomy.  Doomy?  Not a word, but I was looking for another D word...sorry for my abuse of the English language.

Today is different from the other Reality Wednesday's.  You see, this is my LAST Reality Wednesday.  The LAST time I'll have to stare at those two little pills in the palm of my hand.  THE LAST FREAKING TIME I'LL HAVE TO ANTICIPATE CHEMO-THURSDAY!!!

My last round of treatment.

Amen.

No comments: