A great line!

Hemp!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's my birthday!

Sheesh...what happened between years 45 and 46?

July 2011--life is all about Ozzie the puppy.
August 2011--life is still about Ozzie and the size of his paws.
September 2011--start out with a birthday celebration for MyMan.  Put an Int.Ch title (baby class) on Ozzie.  Got my annual mammogram.  Got diagnosed with breast cancer.  WTF?
October 2011--had my cancer removed.  Celebrated Halloween as a cat.  Who does this after cancer surgery with the anticipation of chemo and radiation???
November 2011--Got my tubes tied and my port inserted.  Two separate surgeries.  Evil, evil, evil port.  I hate it.  Do a 5k with my mom, MyMan and his family.  Eat massive amounts to kick off the holiday season...
December 2011--Start chemo.  Lose my hair.  Celebrate Christmas.  Master how to wrap a turban on my head. Eat.
January 2012--Um...chemo...and...I dunno.  I lost the month of January.  I gained a ton of weight.
February 2012--Chemo final treatment.  Valentine's Day was sickly.  Started radiation.
March 2012--Continue with daily radiation.  Except for weekends.  Cancer takes weekends off dontchyaknow.
April 2012--Easter!  Last radiation!  Port removal!!!  Fought it and Fabulous Cancer Party!!!!  Life is good, good, good.
May 2012--Mammogram shows that I am clear of cancer!  Eat to celebrate!
June 2012--Go to NY to become a Goddess.
July 2012--Here we are.  A year later.  I'm now all about juicing, organic, clean eating, and eating a plant based diet.  MyMan is still by my side, my dogs are healthy and with me.  Strangers comment on how stylish my hair is and I still feel the need to spew out, "I had chemo."  Poor people.  I guess it's time to stop sharing that bit of info.  The poor girl at Sephora today said, "Well congratulations!"  What?  "It grew back!".  Awkward moment...
I love my life.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday! It's good to have another one, eh? And many more! On my 46th birthday (last Feb) I shaved my head :-) Diagnosed in October, 2 breast surgeries, Brachytherapy over Christmas, 3 port surgeries, chemo from Jan-April. Now my hair is growing back. It's amazing what the body and soul can go through and come back kicking. You look fabulous, like a goddess!

Kim said...

Wow Lisa, you've been to your own personal hell and back, haven't you?! Three port surgeries? I think I'd have to put a fork in my eye.

Did you get Crazy Sexy yet? The book...not asking about your personal life!

meshack said...

you are an inspiration.you have a big heart