A great line!

Hemp!

Friday, January 27, 2012

My Dog Lifts His Leg When He Pees...

This is just a ramble of complaints, issues, brags and life-stuff.

Brag:  While I was out walking the dogs this morning, Ozzie lifted his leg to pee on a bush for the first time.  I think that I was as proud of him at that moment as I was when he received his Puppy Graduation Certificate.  Ozzie will be 10 months old on Feb 8th.

Issue:  While I was out walking the dogs this morning, I pooped my pants.  Not a lot, just a little...but really, the reality is that even a little is a lot when you include the words "poop" and "pants".  Actually, any time you poop off of the toilet, I would consider that to be a lot.  This icky-poop issue isn't getting better.  My Chemo NP put me on the BRAT diet and, though I hated it, after a day I seemed to be getting better.  So on her advice, I cut back the prescription that I was taking for said icky-poop issue.  Clearly, not a good move.  

Complaint:  Who decided that walking 60 or 39 miles was a good thing for breast cancer?  I've been watching these commercials for Komen with the 60 miles and Avon with the 39 miles and just think that seems ridiculous.  I can't even walk a mile without pooping my pants.  What on earth is happening to these people walking 60 miles?  Blisters.  I don't want the guilt of blisters on my conscious.  What is wrong with a 5k?  Promote the hell out of that and include a fantastic goody bag at the end.  You'll still get your money and people will have less need for orthotic inserts post-fundraiser.

Life-Stuff:  I've lost my girlie-identity.  Before getting the diagnosis, I was a girlie-girl.  I'd like to think that I still had some sex appeal.  Once I got the diagnosis, I ate and drank myself into another size. I'm now living in sweats & headcaps (I have quite an impressive stack of both). I sit around crocheting and I don't put on make-up if I don't have to.  I've got a scar/dent on the side of my right boob (I used to love my boobs...now, not so much) and I'm bald.  I can't even kiss my boyfriend because of my low white blood cell count.  I'm feeling rather androgynous these days.  I need to get my mojo back.  Maybe I should take the sock monkey hat off to start this process.

No comments: