A great line!

Hemp!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chemo-Schmemo

've got to tell you, chemo so far has not been bad.  Sure, it made me a little queasy for a few days.  However, compared to how I've felt after eating a bowl of ice cream, it was nothing.  For those that don't know, ice cream makes me the kind of sick where I don't want to be touched/looked at/talked to/alive.  Chemo has given me a lousy taste in my mouth along with a soreness very similar to the day after getting a bunch of dental work done.  Honestly, for anyone that is trying to lose weight, this is quite the gift.  All dieters should experience what it's like to eat to live.  You know how you hear that nonsense..."Eat to live, don't live to eat."  I say "pfft" to that!  Well, I used to say "pfft" to that.  Much easier now to see how brilliantly easy it is when food doesn't send one into a seratonin high.

What has been sheer HELL is the day after shot that is supposed to fire up my white blood cells.  Neulasta.  Neulasta=EVIL HELLACIOUS PAIN.  The website for this little gem says that a common side effect is "aching in the bones and muscles" that can be fixed with some Tylenol.  I'm calling bullshit on this.  

The only thing that keeps me from firing off an email to the FDA is that this awful pain is telling me that it's working.  Right?  Right.  

That's it for now.  I've got to go and take my Tylenol.  *insert crazy laughter*

No comments: