A great line!

Hemp!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Update

Stuff going on in no particular order...

  • I'm down to 5 lashes on my left eye and 7 lashes on my right.  When I apply mascara, I look like I have fork tines poking from my eyeballs.  I'm so pretty.
  • I have an appointment to get my port removed!!!!!!  How many exclamation points can I insert without being obnoxious?  It will come out the Tuesday following my final radiation.
  • My boob is glowing.  It's so red hot that the radiation tech actually felt bad for me.  I mean, how many of these has she seen?  Hundreds?  And mine stood out so much that she actually sent me home with a full bottle of aloe vera gel.  I love free stuff.  Even if it takes a wounded boob to get it.
  • The hair on my head is coming in and it looks like peach fuzz.  I'm afraid to rub it too hard in the shower for fear that it will become smooth again.  Nobody wants nectarine head.
  • I've reduced my hours to part time, effective today and through my final treatment.  I found out last week that the majority of people either take time off or go part time during radiation.  Um, why didn't I know this?  I've been so tired, but didn't feel like that was a reason to take any time off.  We're all tired.  Who isn't tired?  Anyhow, I gave in and reduced my hours in hopes to have the energy to make it through the remaining treatments without falling asleep at random times during the day. 
  • Oh, speaking of facial hair, or lack there of...my nose hairs are starting to grow back.  I've got a 5 o'clock shadow in each nostril.  
  • My eyebrows are falling out.  The fact that I have full control over my facial expression for the day based on how I draw my brows in is pretty funny to me.  Angry, confused, surprised...all with the flick of the wrist.  
  • Finger nails.  They are peeling away from my nail bed...another side effect of chemo.  From what I read, they will just fall off.  Did I mention how pretty I am?  Sexy too.  Gosh, I love being the chemo girl.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Hello Kim

I found your blog by doing a Google search for chemo after bypass surgery. I had by bypass in 2001 and in 2009 I entered the arena to battle triple negative breast cancer.

I read your entire blog because we have a very similar way at viewing life chemo and the world. We also have the distinction of dealing with the effects of the bypass and chemo together.

I agree there is very little known about the way the two issues play together. I have been having bouts of throwing up but it is strange. I will spare you the graphic details, however I believe the gastric bypass is playing a game with me.

Congratulations on completing your treatments. My biggest surprise was how radiation was like placing your breast directly on the sun. Not at first. In the beginning I thought ha its not going to happen to me. By week 5 I was taking percoset to deal with the pain, and i had stained every shirt and sports bra I owed.

I hope you find a good way to celebrate getting your life back to normal. I took my boys on a vacation to San Diego and then to Disneyland. It was so nice to do something that wasn't about cancer.

Unfortunately my remission was short live. Please don't worry that it will happen to you I have triple negative breast cancer which is very aggressive. I am lucky to be on the wining side of the battle right now,so its all good.

Again thank you for sharing your story and for making me smile.

Dianne

Kim said...

Hi Dianne,
I'm so sorry to hear about your short remission. Damn, damn, damn. This stupid disease is such a pisser.

I think that you're the first WLS/Cancer girl that I've met. The stuff that we have to deal with, eh?

Keep smiling, but take time to break down in a corner somewhere. I find that to be my best spot...in the corner in my closet. With a piece of chocolate :)